[HOT] [HOT Tagging] Tag for community based healthcare? / Quel tag pour les sites de soins communautaires ?

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:13:17 UTC 2015

Hi, Claire:

I had to deal with this already for a eHealth-collected health
facilities import in Borno State, Nigeria [1]. I used the HealthCare2.0
tagging schema (as Blake is also suggesting too), adding some
traditional tags for rendering purposes.

For this kind of facilities, I would suggest the following:

For all facilities:

1. medical_system:western=yes

2. health_facility:type=office
3. office=paramedic OR office=therapist

4. health_specialty:paediatric_gastroenterology=partial/no #For children
diarrheal diseases
5. health_specialty:tropical_medicine=partial/no #Malaria and others
6. health_specialty:pulmonology=partial/no #For pulmonar diseases

7. amenity=doctors #This is for compatibility with traditional health
care tagging

I would also add to all of them:

8. power_supply=yes/no/unknown #It might be interesting to know if
electricity is available.

Only in case health_specialty:tropical_medicine=partial, add:

9. disease:malaria=yes

You might add diarrhea diseases too, like
disease:amoebic_dysentery=yes/no , etc., always in case
health_specialty:paediatric_gastroenterology=partial

Other optional tags:

10. opening_hours=*
11. operator=*
12. operator:type=public/private/...