[HOT] Beta Release of the Redeveloped Export Tool

Mhairi O'Hara mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org
Wed Sep 23 04:39:27 UTC 2015

Hello HOTties,

Sorry for the delay in sending round an email regarding the Beta release of
the Export Tool. Things were pretty busy last week with the second
activation training pilot workshop in Jakarta. Please stay tuned for
further updates on how it went!

The new Export Tool <http://hot.geoweb.io/en/> was released for its Beta
phase on Friday the 18th of September. We have had great input from the
community during the Alpha release and would like your continued support
with testing.

Brian has successfully integrated the ability to register and login with
OSM usernames. However, users will be asked for an email address when they
first sign up, as this will be used to send a link for newly created
exports once they are completed and ready for download.

We are currently working on migrating the development version to the HOT
servers this week with the assistance of Drazen our systems administrator.
The Live release date is still scheduled for Monday the 28th of September.

Please continue to contribute to its development and record any issues or
queries you may have on the dedicated GitHub
<https://github.com/hotosm/osm-export-tool2/issues> repository. We are very
excited about the release and hope that the users experience not only a
more robust tool from the redevelopment, but a much more efficient and
intuitive process as well.

Kind regards,

Mhairi

--