[HOT] Tagging hut=yes

Jorieke Vyncke jorieke.vyncke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 23:15:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Just giving my two cents.

For me mapping a building like a hut does not signify a lot.
What is exactly a hut? Is it just a round building? Round buildings
can be made out of several materials and have several different
functions. Also why would a round building get another tag if a square
building is almost the same size, made out of the same materials and
has the same function?

What significant is for me, is that it is a house, a granary or a roof
to hide against the sun. Also the material of what it is made of is
significant: roof out of straw or metal, walls out of bricks or clay
... In my opinion drawing a circle and tagging it with building = yes
, and potentially other tags is the best.

For me mapping buildings as huts doesn't signify a lot, on the
contrary, I don't know what people who are living in the mapped 'huts'
will think of it that their house is mapped like a 'hut'. I suppose it
depends on how 'huts' are perceived in every culture. So yes also for
this reason I prefer mapping: building=yes.

Like I said, just my two cents :-)

Best greetings,

Jorieke