[HOT] Fwd: Mapping in Sardinia with the Tasking Manager

Associazione Sardinia Open Data sardiniaopendata at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 08:19:38 UTC 2016

Dear HOT Team members

my name is Claudia and I 'm writing on the behave on an italian association
called SardiniaOpenData. Since 2013  we are involved in free training and
mapping using OSM , related to our urban context and to the humantarian
world as I was deployed in Chad with you guys ( thanks again for the
opportunity ) .

I'm writing to you because we finally manage to have a small finanincig to
organise a 3 modules course, to trainin citizens to map first using OSM,
secondly how to use  WheelMap   training the paraplegic
associationinCagliari . The second module will be about the Tasking Manager
and how to contribute to the remote mapping.

We have planned 2 outside  mapping parties  to collect data and 3 indoor
lessons to teach them how does the Tasking works. The period will be May
2016 . For the first year we manage to have free materials to offer to
ours attendants, expecially a personal  usb card with a free distribution
of Linux ( I think Ubuntu 14.04 lts ) with all the tools and programs
already installed, JOSM,website bookmarks concerning all the OSM world,
WkiOSM, LearnOSM, etc..

We wanted to let you know about our training and to share our enthusiasm .
There will be some blog posts out soon , both in  english and italian.  If
you will like to share it, all the team will be really happy.
If thereis  any specific task you'd like us to help , just let us know. As
I did with the last training , I will spend with great pleasure  15 minutes
talking about the HOT Team and your amazing work.

Have a great day and thaks again !

*The most dangerous thing to do is to stand still.“ William Burroughs *
We keep on moving !

Claudia
Sardinia Open Data
twitter: @sard_opendata