[HOT] 200 mappers need validators this Saturday

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:49:44 UTC 2016

I've been validating on 1669 a project that is roads only, there was a
second project was buildings only in the same area and I've just come
across something like fifty double mapped buildings.  In the normal event
I'd just choose a mapper name of the two and zap them but these seem very
mixed.  Some buildings are double mapped, some either one or the other plus
there are a mixture of mapper names as well.   I suspect someone has opened
a tile then mapped for more than two hours continued to map and a second
mapper has picked up the tile.  Anyway its taking longer to clean up and
validate, more to the point its wasting mapper resources.

A general suggestion to all maperthon organisers please can you get
everyone to save and close their tile after an hour or so then reopen it to
avoid this problem.

Thanks John