[HOT] 200 mappers need validators this Saturday

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 19:42:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

We changed plans quite last minute, because of the crisis on the Idjwi
island, South Kivu. An outbreak of measles means MSF will go there very
soon for a vaccination campaign. They need buildings data to plan their
intervention.

We will be mapping buildings -only- , roads will be mapped in a seperate
task as this is lower priority. However, some of our mappers are sure to
want to map a bit of roads too.

Task numbers will be 1776, 1777 and 1778. Obviously, I'm expecting all US
validators to help at this symbolic number.

All the event leaders should be logged in the whole day to the chatrooms
here:
http://internationalmapyear.be/mapathon_chat.php
It would be wonderful to have some validators hanging around.

Oh, when I said 200 mappers, I was exaggerating. But we had quite a few
more registrations and now we're officially at 217 people. Which is nice,
as it really became an "Event" and we are getting some press coverage. It's
all thanks to the club of universities taking the lead of course, the
Belgian OSM community is just the supporting partner.

Joost