[HOT] Squared buildings

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Apr 14 22:33:38 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 3:16 PM, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So your suggestion on how to deal with the existing poorly mapped
> buildings would be?

1. Determine the cause(s) of the poorly mapped buildings. Do we need more
helpers in MM mapathons? The last one I did, we had a number of new
mappers. Those of us helping were stretched just answering questions. Not
being able to spend time going over people work. And yes - we did teach
squaring buildings. We also recommended people bring a mouse to the
session. One of our team brought extra for people to use and I even lent
mine out. Drawing features without a mouse is difficult. We've even
suggested to Red Cross that they have a bag of mice to lend during MM
events.

2. Validation - either invalidate or fix.

Step 1 is the preferable route but if people are working on their own or
the turnout makes one on one assistance impossible, then it should be fixed
in the validation step.

Best,
Clifford

--