[HOT] Can we extend the time a tile is locked please?

Dale Kunce dale.kunce at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 12:35:14 UTC 2016

John,
I've seen this a lot to and I think it's how iD is used in the mapathon.
When you have lots of mappers ID struggles to redraw the area after a save.
Another problem is that if it's a dense area ID will hide features to
reduce drawing time and increase browser performance.

In general I think the old 2 hour per tile is way way to long. We try and
make tiles for beginners that are about 30 min worth of work. This
increases the amount of tiles completed and gives folks a better sense of
accomplishment even if it's the same amount of mapping.