[HOT] Mapping in Ecuador - validation

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Sun Apr 24 14:45:50 UTC 2016

Hi John,

Given that we are spending a lot of times on roads, getting road
networks correct is pretty vital.

Has anyone looked at using existing OSM tools, outside of the Tasking
Manager to do large scale road network validation?

The one that comes to mind is GeoFabrik's OSM Inspector:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/

Which even has a 'routing' selection in the pop down to focus on
problems that affect routing.

Are there other tools that would help with this?

Could we map roulette getting roads that end near each other connected properly?

Cheers,
Blake

Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team