[HOT] Mapping in Ecuador - validation

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Sun Apr 24 15:53:25 UTC 2016

John, on this note,

For road networks and rivers its actually a lot better as some mappers only map to the edge of the tile and the next mapper doesn't realise its important.

We actually added a feature to the TM to create ‘tiles’ with ‘complex geometries’ for projects that don’t ‘fit in a square’; it just obviously take more effort to create those.  However, for basemapping it is often easier to use squares and just ask for several things.  However, I generally tell Project Managers that ‘natural features’ should not be asked for since they often don’t fit the squares and in this case I think it’s more ‘waterways were not requested’, so that’s why you often only get little segments of things.

Cheers,

=Russ