[HOT] Squared buildings

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 21:11:29 UTC 2016

Perhaps another question to ask then is is it too complex for new
mappers to use when mapping buildings?

If we can accept odd shaped buildings that aren't quite the right size
then fine it is the right tool for the job, but if we want fairly
accurate building sizes and square corners on squared buildings so
population estimates can be made then it appears from the results we see
that it requires more training and a higher standard of mapping than new
mappers are capable of with the current levels of training.  In other
words it doesn't matter how good a tool it is or what it is capable of
if the new mappers don't understand how to use it.

And we still haven't really come to a conclusion about whether having
squared buildings matters.

Cheerio John

--
Sent from Postbox