[HOT] Exciting news: $10,000 contribution from Mapbox

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Mon Dec 19 19:45:04 UTC 2016

Mapbox is a great supporter of humanitarian mapping in a lot of ways, not
just financially, and they have been for a long time.

We really need to meet the challenge they set for us of 150 contributors to
our crowdfunding campaign!

I think it is a really interesting challenge, as it is not about how much
money anyone contributes, it is about people supporting HOT and the
micro-grants program.

This is a great reason to share the impact community and humanitarian
mapping can have with friends and family and encourage them to kick in any
amount to the crowdfund campaign. Even kicking in one euro or dollar or
peso etc not only makes a difference by itself, but has a much greater
impact because it helps HOT reach Mapbox's challenge.

Hopefully we can all find some time to share our enthusiasm for
humanitarian mapping with someone and help them contribute to the
crowdfunding campaign. Now more than ever we need everyone to contribute a
little something and if you can help a friend contribute that would be
amazing!

Cheers and best wishes for 2017!

Blake

Blake Girardot