[HOT] #MapLesotho task completed on Qacha's Nek

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 02:06:30 UTC 2016

I had a quick look.  I must say that reading through the instructions I
personally wouldn't feel confident I could mark any tile done.  They are
quite comprehensive and I'm not sure I personally have the experience to
map all the different things requested.

I did validate a couple of tiles then pulled in Lesotho.  Hopefully I
didn't miss anything in the validation.  In Lesotho there are currently
some 5,430 duplicated something or others.  I noted 2,667 untagged ways or
ways that were merely commented.

There are a few thousand highways that do not follow the African Highway
guidelines.  The highway=bridleway and highway=pedestrian in particular I
would be suspicious of.

I'm sure the errors that JOSM validation picked up are in areas of the
country that are not in your projects and when you extend your projects
these will eventually be corrected.

I may have a go at correcting some of the untagged ways etc that JOSM
validation detected.

I wish you well in your endeavors and I'm very pleased you've found so many
mappers running JOSM and JOSM validation to reduce the number of errors in
your projects in Lesotho.  When I gain a little more experience in landuse
mapping etc. I may drop in again.

Cheerio John