[HOT] Building Detection using Machine Learning

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 23:12:40 UTC 2016

Currently my thoughts run along the lines of use it to identify areas with
buildings.  Same as Mapswipe?, heavens things get outdated so quickly these
days and Mapswipe hasn't been around for that long.

Secondly if you map them but tag them with something like
possiblebuilding=yes then they wouldn't show on a render but could be
selected in JOSM with a todo list plugin and switched to building=yes on
inspection. I think that would meet the workflow side of things that
Fredrick suggested in osm-talk.

Imports, automated edits and image detection software do not have a history
of being problem free in OSM and I think you have to take that into account.

Cheerio John