[HOT] Post-disaster mapping for areas affected by Typhoon Nock-Ten (Nina)

Jherome Miguel jheromemiguel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 17:21:11 UTC 2016

With the destruction left by Typhoon Nock-Ten  (locally called Nina) on the
southern part of Luzon in the Philippines, I started post-disaster mapping
on areas struck by the typhoon. Yet, I expect that wide-scale mapping of
areas hit by "Nina" will occur, especially on areas where there is lack of
quality imagery. In case of a HOT project to be done, I look forward that
images from DigitalGlobe via MapGive will be used along with Bing and
Mapbox Satellite imagery for mapping, especially on areas where Bing and
Mapbox satellite lacks quality imagery for tracing. nd I look at
possibilities that government agencies like the National Disaster Risk
Reduction and Management Council will lead a project to map disaster-struck
areas. I hope that HOT will be activated for disaster response, after I
made edits with the hash tag #Nina2016.