[HOT] #1449 - Preferred Imagery Source?

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:45:34 UTC 2016

What should be the preferred imagery source for #1449, "South Africa CD:NGI
Aerial", Bing, or?  If you launch and editor from the tasking manager it
pulls in the "South Africa CD:NGI Aerial" by default, but I notice other
mappers and validators are moving buildings that have already been mapped
to align with the Bing imagery (the two sources are offset). While not
necessarily the case "aerial" tends to be more accurate than "satellite"
(likely the source for Bing in this part of the World). I would suggest
that when we have to use Bing because of cloud cover or other issues that
we adjust it to match the "South Africa CD:NGI Aerial"

Mike