[HOT] Mapping stories from the field in Uganda

Paul Uithol paul.uithol at hotosm.org
Wed Feb 3 21:03:47 UTC 2016

Good evening from Uganda! After spending three weeks in Mbale and
mapping 11 districts there, we've now moved on to Tororo, another town
in the east, close to the Kenyan border.

One of the students we've worked with from UCU Mbale, Hillary Musundi,
has written an amazing story on his experiences mapping with us. Please
read the full story at
https://hotosm.org/updates/2016-02-03_my_mapping_experience_by_hillary_musundi_student_at_uganda_christian_university
!

"When I was first told about mapping, I thought it was something to do
sitting indoors on your laptop. Well, it’s also a bit like that, but
little did I know the adventure that awaited me. I quickly got
acquainted with the whole mapping process after the training we received
on the first two days. Earlier I had met Douglas Ssebaggala who had
showed us how to use OpenMapKit and JOSM. I just couldn’t wait to start
my journey in the world. After the training, I felt I was ready."