[HOT] landuse/cover import in Cameroon?

Willy Franck Sob willyfrancksob at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 10:10:05 UTC 2016

 Hi Frederik,

I want to bring here some answers.

Landuse has been massively imported without control. But all the buildings have
been digitized from satellite imagery MapBox. So be careful not to remove the
buildings. Because I just noticed here
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/394572178#map=19/4.18030/11.63015>that
the localities and hydrography have been properly imported were removed too.

I just made the point with some OSM members here, you should just remove the
landuse (forest, scrub, Etc) imported my Mr UMM with the comment (Data for
ENEO ) . For the rest we prefer to carry out changes and corrections
manually.

>From early April, we will create a wiki page to better communicate our
activities. Indeed it would be appreciated to discuss some imports before
they spoil us the OSM database.

Willy

[image: cid:image001.gif at 01CE6E7A.4B7BE7C0]

*SOGEFIWilly Franck SOB – Développeur territorial international*
*rue de Mélen, à côté de l’hôtel « la Résidence » YAOUNDÉ*
*Tél. (+237) 94 69 86 07 / *
*(+237) 50 02 24 74*
*Courriel : **wfs at sogefi-sig.com* <wfs at sogefi-sig.com>* Site Web : *
*www.sogefi-sig.com* <http://www.sogefi-sig.com/>