[HOT] how newer mappers can help a lot with the validation process

Daniel Specht danspecht at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:01:35 UTC 2016

> On 11 Feb 2016 15:49, "john whelan" <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jwhelan0112 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> In there somewhere in a wiki or some such where we can document
> validation, what works and why and what to look for?  Perhaps put down
> some sort of service level agreement ie after validation we are only
> looking for what is requested in the instructions and for a JOSM
> validotian to be run.  We expect 97% of settlements to be mapped type
> thing? That way people who wish to validate have something to feel
> confident about.
>
> We need to get more people into validation.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cheerio John

John's right -- we need more people validating, and we can accomplish that
by explaining how to validate in the instructions, just as we explain how
to map in the instructions. The instructions should have two parts  --
 what the customer wants, and what the customer needs. Currently the
instructions only describe what the customer wants. What the customer
needs, the (generally unstated) validation requirements, are at least as
important as the instructions themselves, and they won't be the same for
all projects any more than the instructions will.

--
Dan