[HOT] how newer mappers can help a lot with the validation process

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:18:46 UTC 2016

So to clarify what you're saying is the project instructions should be much
more precise.  The project managers should ask for precisely what is needed
rather than we'd like everything since when we are imprecise different
mappers and validators interpret the instructions differently.  Also asking
for everything takes away resources from other projects.

So HOT activation group can you first inspect the instructions and then
confirm with the project managers to see if we can reduce the possibility
of different interpretations?  ie keep them as simple as possible.

Would it be an idea to go over the "abandoned" projects iethose that have
been around for more than a year and see if by reducing the requested
instructions we can at least get the highways and the major
landuse=residential areas in?

Cheerio John