[HOT] Image offset issue #1515

Kretzer kretzer at gmx.net
Thu Feb 18 22:41:27 UTC 2016

Hi,
I started some tracing in task #1515 (Mochendi, Botswana). I opened a tile (#30) with all roads and many buildings already in place, all somewhat offset from the Bing imagery. Between them they were very consistent, so I figured it would make more sense to align the image than move alle the existing features. This I did and traced the missing buildings to the realigned image.

Now this tile is pretty consistent in itself but not to the adjoining areas. So what next?
Can someone check the georeferencing of the Bing image? Or should the whole content be moved to fit to the current imagery? I did not check the whole area, but many roads seem to be similarly offset and many buildings aligned to the current Bing imagery.

Thanks!
(feeling confused at the moment)