[HOT] International Womens Day - Mapping locations and dates of incidents on OpenStreetMaps

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Fri Feb 19 14:51:51 UTC 2016

Hello Mhairi,

For a map of these incidents, on OSM background to locate them, you
could use uMap, eg:
http://umap.openstreetmap.fr

You could report the information related to incidents in the title and
text associated with the markers on the map. It is even possible to
include images, with the appropriate syntax (see the "?" help online)
and links to their online source, eg on Facebook.

uMaps can easily be included in websites.

Feel free to ask if you have any question.

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

Le 19/02/2016 15:28, Mhairi O'Hara a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Sexual harrassment towards women has been increasing in Bali with a
> number of individuals taking a stand by capturing images to post on
> Facebook to shame and apprehend, and I would like to help assist by
> empowering women to utilise OSM to further highlight and tackle these
> kinds of issues.
>
> I am thinking of trying to create some kind of harassment map like
> they have in Egypt (http://harassmap.org
> <http://harassmap.org/>). Ideally I would like to utilise OSM to
> capture and present this data (type of incident and date, etc), but
> have not been able to find an appropriate tag to use.
>
> The tag 'incident' has been used in the past, once and perhaps
> unofficially. So I was hoping to get some feedback and suggestions on
> how to approach this. In fact the mapping of this kind of data doesn't
> seem to exist on OSM, but is it something the community might be
> interested in exploring?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Mhairi
>

> --
> Mhairi O'Hara
> Mobile: +62 822 4701 1475
> Email: mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org <mailto:mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org>
> twitter <https://twitter.com/mataharimhairi> | linkedin
> <http://uk.linkedin.com/in/mhairiohara> | facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | website <http://hotosm.org/>
> *
> *
> *Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team *
> *
> Using OpenStreetMap
> for Humanitarian Response
> & Economic Development*

"On ne m’ôtera pas de l’idée que, pendant la dernière guerre mondiale,
de nombreux juifs ont eu une attitude carrément hostile à l’égard du
régime nazi." Pierre Desproges
"I won't be deprived of the idea that, during the last world war, many
Jews had a downright hostile attitude toward the Nazi regime."