[HOT] Validators on Congo tasks

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:36:57 UTC 2016

Hi all,

There has been some discussions over validators and what tasks are
appropriate for what level of validator. Also, what is the best way to
'learn' to validate. And, whether validators have to be able to validate
everything or whether competent mappers can validate simple tasks....

If anyone is thinking about teaching validators or is thinking about
learning to validate, I think we have some good tasks at the moment for
you. It's a series of towns in Katanga province, DRC and they have been
prioritised by the MSF emergency response team for mapping, based on how
often MSF has had to go to each with medical interventions in the last ten
years.

Here's a link to the current projects, but there are more to come:
http://tasks.hotosm.org/?sort_by=priority&direction=asc&search=katanga

They all have good imagery and the instructions are very simple - just
building mapping and adjusting residential roads. A good place for
validators to learn their trade, maybe....

Cheers,

Pete

--
*Pete Masters*