[HOT] Groups/areas of Trees=> leisure=park?

Vao Matua vaomatua at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 21:10:10 UTC 2016

Mike,

I would suggest that natural=wood should be the first tag, if the area is a
park then the next tag could be leisure=park.  The OSM page on forest
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dforest>has good
descriptions.

In Ethiopia often the Orthodox churches are in the middle of a small church
forests and would be tagged natural=wood, and land_use=religious.

I love trees but would shy away from tagging individual trees except for
landmark type specimen. There is a lot of mapping to do without mapping
trees.

Regards,

Emmor