[HOT] Uganda Bureau Of Statistics Educational Facilities import has started

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:34:41 UTC 2016

Hi Rafael,

Great that you got this started. Of course I managed to get the use of
import and not import account mixed up, as JOSM doesn't warn me or give the
option to switch in a convenient way. So the imported node will probably
have to be removed once again and the buildings I added in a second go, are
now uploaded with that silly import account.

Sorry for the rant, what follows should be more interesting:

Anyway, what I'm missing are the isced tags. Also the process seems overly
complicated to me. It's easier to skip the "Edit with JOSM' button and go
straight to the first "here" link. Then download manually.

To find the new buildings, the filter method works, but Ctrl-f

inview new
Then tick the box:: 'add toolbar button'

is a lot more convenient, with a shiny new button on the task bar.

You can also create another button like this with:

inview (school | university | kindergarten)

if you add "-new" to that, you can easily find all the existing ones.

Oh, for people mapping remotely, there is a local community in Kampala.
It's best to leave those schools for them, since they have local knowledge
about them and since it's harder to figure out which buildings belong to
the school for those from aerial imagery alone. I think that's worthy of a
note in the instructions.

Kind regards,

Jo