[HOT] Swaziland mapping - incredible progress!

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 19:20:39 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my thanks and congratulations to the HOT and
Missing Maps community for their contributions to Swaziland mapping.

The series of project I had planned got done so much faster than I had
imagined possible, I have been behind the whole time trying to keep up
with everyone.

The epidemiologists who reached out us to work on their critical
priority area have asked that we finish the country. When I was first in
discussions a month or so ago, they mentioned this and I said I thought
that was probably too much too ask and that it would not be possible in
their time frame.

But after the the incredible work HOT and Missing Maps have done on the
priority section of the country, I think it might actually be possible
for us to complete the country with building footprints.

I am still not able to keep up with your mapping so this next series of
projects is coming out a little .... less planned than the first series.

I just wanted to pass on the thanks we have gotten from the people
working on Malaria elimination in Swaziland. I have not had a chance to
thank you all properly or let you know how impressive your work has
been, but it truly has been.

Cheers,
Blake