[HOT] Sierra Leone Field trip with Missing Maps

Roxroy Bollers rkbollers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:17:21 UTC 2016

Nice work Nick! I'm embarking on a similar project here in Guyana. I am
curious to know if any at all what was the application used on the mobile
phone for the data collection process?

Rox
ᐧ

On 6 July 2016 at 21:33, Matthew Gibb <mjngibb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Really enjoyed reading about your experience, Nick, thanks for sharing!
>
> Matt
>

>> On 7/6/16, 7:16 PM, "Nick Allen" <nick.allen.54 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I recently went on a field trip, as part of a Missing Maps / American
>> >Red Cross / MSF project in Sierra Leone. I've written a short diary
>> >entry [1], and was recently filmed whilst giving a short talk in London
>> >about the trip [2].
>> >
>> >Keep up the good work, it is appreciated! I was only a small cog in a
>> >great big machine, which I'm proud to say that all on this mailing list
>> >are part of. We introduced many people and organisations to
>> >OpenStreetMap and HOT - many were surprised at the quality of the
>> >mapping that was available. I'm sure we will see more use of the
>> >information, and if our brief training sessions & talks 'hit the mark'
>> >then perhaps a few more people will be involved in the projects in the
>> >future.
>> >
>> >Off shopping shortly - my luggage was lost by the airline.
>> >
>> >In the meantime, lots of geotagged photographs and gps traces to
>> >process, together with lots of water supply information.
>> >
>> >Once again, on behalf of the many people I (We) spoke to, thank you, and
>> >keep up the good work.
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >
>> >Nick
>> >(Tallguy)
>> >
>> >[1] - https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy/diary/38967
>> >[2] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyIJE1Fsb7A&feature=em-subs_digest

---
"Like a camera I use the negative to develop..uDig"
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of
enthusiasm"

*Roxroy K. Bollers*
GIS & IT Service Provider
tel. 592.685.2737