[HOT] Looking for inspiration building covering multiple buildings

Dan Joseph dan.b.joseph at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 18:50:23 UTC 2016

Is this in areas with dense structures and instead of trying to trace each
building the mapper has just traced around the entire group? Or the mapper
has just incorrectly used the building key when they should use the landuse
key? If the area is particularly large I would think the JOSM validation
process might flag the issue via a 'building inside building' error or some
sort of features overlapping/crossing error.

If multiple mappers from the same mapathon make the mistake, it may be
productive to reach out to the mapathon organizer and ask them to spend a
little more time at their next event going over how to map buildings and
tag them correctly.

While some mapathon mappers do only map once and never again. Mapathons are
a great way to introduce people to OSM and also result in long-term
contributors.

All the best,
Dan