[HOT] Using HOT validation styles in JOSM

Laura O'Grady laura at lauraogrady.ca
Mon Jul 11 20:53:33 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post these questions. I’m a first time validator and I’ve been following the instructions at:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Tasking_Manager/Validating_data

I wanted to add the JOSM Style 'HOT-OSM-Validation' as instructed at the above link. I followed the detailed instructions for map styles located here:

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Styles

The ‘'HOT-OSM-Validation” no longer appears on the list map paint styles so I added it from GitHub (https://github.com/MarkCupitt/HOT-Osm-Validation). Then I noticed “"HDM by HOT" on the list in JOSM and also added it.

Which is the proper tool to use?

Also when I close/re-open JOSM I had to add HDM by HOT again. Is there a way to get this option to “stick”?

Thanks.

Laura

Laura O’Grady
laura at lauraogrady.ca