[HOT] The Economist Title to Come July 16th

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:55:38 UTC 2016

The article talks about title to land in Africa and the problems in not
having a formal land registry.  Part of the problem seems to be surveying
or mapping the properties.

That I think we have some expertise in doing.  So given there seems to be
some advantages to the population if it's done is there anything we can do
to assist the process?  Each country will be different, the respect for the
law differs from one country to the next.  Rwanda has had some success but
I suspect with some GIS input we might be able to improve the process.

Not perhaps the normal approach we take but making Africa more resilient
might reduce the number of times we need to map a crisis.

Thoughts?

Cheerio John