[HOT] Compliments on a bit of TM development

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:30:52 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Just wanted to commend those involved with a recent development on the
tasking manager.

We have been mapping at the request of an MSF epidemiologist in Chad.
Having finished the first project [1 <http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/2015>],
she wrote to me to say how pleased she was [2
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/pedrito1414/diary/39091>]. She then came
back and asked for a few more areas to be mapped.

I used the new function in the tasking manager and sent her thanks and
feedback to the mappers who helped with the first project and also pointed
out that she had requested further mapping [3
<http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/2036>].

The second project was completed really quickly and it was great to see
that 8 of the original 29 mappers from the first project came back to help
with the second project.

It's a really nice feature for project managers to be able to do this. So,
thanks a million!

One question for you guys involved. Do these messages also reach validators
for the project if they WERE NOT also mappers? I hope so, because the
validators did a great job on these projects....

Cheers,

Pete

--
*Pete Masters*