[HOT] Greetings, and a question about protocol

Pine W wiki.pine at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 06:49:12 UTC 2016

Hi Humanitarian OSM people,

I got the chance to meet some of you in Seattle. Thank you for the
information about your project!

I have a question about protocol for this list. I saw someone greet this
list with "Hi Hotties". I must admit that this surprised me. Is that a
normal form of address here? In the environments where I work, this would
be considered inappropriate unless among close friends. I don't mean to
sound excessively critical, but I'm very uncomfortable with this,
especially when we in the tech community in general are trying to be more
respectful of women in order to encourage them to participate in the tech
community and open source.

Thanks,

Pine