[HOT] New mapping projects that could use some experienced mappers

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:00:30 UTC 2016

Hi all, a bit of advice, if you have time....

In the task Blake posted, some of the buildings are too difficult
distinguish individually. However, I can see that there is a whole block of
buildins. Is it ok to trace and tag the whole block as building=yes?

For example, in the south-westerly corner of
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1640#task/73

Cheers,

Pete

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Blake Girardot <bgirardot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just posted a new project to map a small, but very dense urban area (we
> have a few more in the same region coming up).
>
> This kind of mapping is a real challenge in the city center areas and it
> is slightly complicated due to the very tall nature of most of the
> buildings. It gets easier as you get farther out from the city center.
>
> If you have a fair amount of mapping experience, it would really help if
> you could give it some of your time, it is really difficult to get these
> projects mapped due to the precision mapping needed.
>
> And for anyone interested, I created a short (6 min.) video explaining how
> to map in this project and dense urban areas in general that just about
> anyone, new and experienced mappers, might benefit from watching:
>
> https://youtu.be/JAPiGntG6fs
>
> The project is:
>
> http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1640
>
> Regards,