[HOT] OSM Fiji linked with U-Report for TC Winston response

Kate Learmonth kate.learmonth at gmail.com
Wed May 11 21:43:13 UTC 2016

Thank you Russel.

>From what I understand there isn't complete data at the top level (state).
Things don't seem to be correctly tagged, for example the Western Division
boundary has no administrative level etc.. As this is a national boundary I
am not sure of how to go about correcting this. There also seems to be a
general lack of detailed data that has been mapped so far.

At the moment I am trying to determine if it is a matter of simply going in
and making the changes or given that it is a political boundary do we need
government buy in etc??

I am also trying to determine if it is worth going through the process of
doing a bulk import. While it looks like we can get access
to detailed shape files (MapInfo) I don't know if they meet
the licensing requirements). So I am trying to determine if we can get
around this and fix the issue quickly so that we can use it for the
U-Report Fiji website.

Being new to OSM if anyone has any thoughts or ideas I am very open
to suggestions!

Thank you!

Kate