[HOT] HOT mini-mapathon at Understanding Risk

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:24:33 UTC 2016

Hi friends and mappers.

There are number of mappers and supporters at the Understanding Risk event
in Venice. Fellow HOT Members Maning Sambale, Robert Soden, Vivien Deparday
and I arranged a HOT mini-mapathon to support the Sri Lankan Flood
Response. We have had about 20 people in our group including new
OpenStreetMap users.
https://hotosm.org/updates/2016-05-20_mini_mapathon_for_sri_lanka_floods_at_understanding_risk

If you can help the activation by organizing a mapathon, please connect
with Robert. We did this in less than 24 hours with posters, space and
announcements.

About the talk:
This afternoon Nama, Maning and I are joined by Maj. Er Pradeep Saptoka
from the Nepal military to talk about how HOT and OSM connected for the
Nepal Response. We will try to share our slides with you post event
https://understandrisk.org/event-session/bridging-the-divide/

Thanks so much,

Heather

Heather Leson