[HOT] Sri Lanka Floods Activation: Final Task (1934)

Robert Banick rbanick at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:44:31 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The Disaster Management Centre of Sri Lanka has provided us with a final
area of interest for mapping. It's the outline of the flooding area around
the Kelani River as of today, May 27, as collected by Sri Lankan Survey
Department assessment teams.

About 85% of the flooding area was covered by our previous mapping from
tasks 1913, 1914 and 1915. That data is already being used by the DMC to
estimate damages and plan relief distribution. They would like us to map
the flooded areas not yet mapped so their analysis can be complete and
accurate. We've been told this will be the final request for our services
and we can close the activation after we're done.

I’ve created a new task for these areas at
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1934. It covers all the various unmapped
flood areas in the river basin and is hence a bit spread out. The
instructions specify different imagery sources for different areas so pay
attention.

Please take a task at http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1934 and help us
complete our work! Thanks to the help of volunteers like you we’ve done a
fantastic job so far and received a lot of appreciative messages from the
DMC. Help us complete this activation on a strong note!

Yours,
Robert