[HOT] OpenStreetMap data, good and bad

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:33:45 UTC 2016

One final comment that has been mentioned before is that many mappers are
mapping on laptops without a mouse so their control isn't that good.  Add
in iD without a building plug in like JOSM and you get the very odd shaped
buildings we see on the map.  They can be squared but that is another
approximation.

JOSM with the building tool plug in is seen as too complicated by many
mapathon organisers.

Cheerio John