[HOT] OpenStreetMap data, good and bad

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:49:57 UTC 2016

> JOSM with the building tool plug in is seen as too complicated by many
> mapathon organisers.

The building tool itself isn't too complicated, JOSM itself isn't even too
complicated, it is getting it installed on everyone's machine.  They have
to have Java 8, an OS that supports Java 8, download JOSM, install the
building plugin, turn on remote control, restart JOSM, and accept the https
cert for remote control. I have made some USB thumb drives pre loaded with
Java, JOSM and the necessary plugins that solves all of these issues except
for the OS. So far I have it working for Windows and Linux.  I think it
will work on Mac, but just haven't gotten that far yet.  I plan on using
these at a future mapathon.