[HOT] Anybody has time to handhold me through untangling a task?

majka majka.zem+talk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:22:02 UTC 2016

Hello all. Not sure if this is the right place, but let's try it anyway.

Could anybody find time to look at task
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1788#task/91 and perhaps few tiles around
it and guide me through sorting it out?

I tried to validate it, but unlocked it again after correcting obvious
errors. Furthermore, I don't expect newbies to untangle it.

I think I see clearly water streams crisscrossing here, mapped as highways.

What I see what should be corrected
NE corner: highway:residential, streams as highway:path or
highway:unclassified
SE corner: disconnected stream, should be continued from the east tile to
the south one
few paths probably mapped too enthusiastically, almost non-existent in the
imagery
disconnect in the highway classification but first has to be the
waterway/highway debate cleared
residential areas: IMHO, too many. I would map probably 3 or 4 at all -
small area NW, bigger area N to NE and one or two in the middle to the
south.
Anything else?

Any tips how to map this part?

There seems to be one way how to untangle the waterways - the stream in the
NW corner (id:450387995) should be split in the south, and both parts are
flowing to this point to the south there. And from there, it is one big
maze...

In this project, there are several similar tasks. Till now, I have
chickened out every time, but it might be time to find my big girl breeches.

Thanks,
Majka