[HOT] OpenStreetMap data, good and bad

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 22:46:34 UTC 2016

On 17 November 2016 at 15:39, joost schouppe <joost.schouppe at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Perhaps having a customised version of iD with a subset of the available
>> tags might help HOT.  Highways for example could be restricted to the values
>> in the African Wiki.  Certainly for HOT projects I think highway=motorway
>> could be omitted.
>>
> I like the sound of that. It would be cool if you could determine the
> available tags in ID from the Tasking Manager task setup manager. There
> would have to be some kind of warning in the editor though; something like
> "This is a limited version. If you want to be able to add things not asked
> in this task, click here to break out".

A few pointers along this line of thought:

Past discussion hot@
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2015-June/009450.html
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2015-June/009458.html

site using iD instance with reduced presets
http://loggingroads.org/

Also some discussions between HOT, TrainingWG and iD developer here and there.
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/2656#issuecomment-192904617

Best

- althio