[HOT] OSM Workshop in Fiji next week

Nate Smith nate at hotosm.org
Thu Nov 24 12:46:26 UTC 2016

Hello HOTOSM!

As part of the PacDID project that launched in July [1], we're organizing a
workshop next week in Suva, Fiji during the Pacific GIS & Remote Sensing
Users Conference. On December 2, University of the South Pacific GIS Lab
will host an OSM fundamentals workshop starting at 9:00am and will end at
noon.

If you're based in Fiji or will be in Suva for the conference, please join
us. If you know of other mappers or colleagues, please forward to them to
share.

Agenda and links to materials are posted on the workshop page [2]. Summary
of those details below. Free registration is via the conference:
http://gisconference.gsd.spc.int/.

Send any questions about details to either myself (nate at hotosm.org) or
Mhairi O'Hara (mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org). Happy Thanksgiving to those
celebrating in the US today!

Nate

******

*OpenStreetMap at the Pacific GIS Conference 2016*
Fundamentals of remote and field mapping

Join an OSM workshop for a half-day of learning the fundamentals of
OpenStreetMap. We'll cover the tools and methods for remote and field-based
mapping.