[HOT] HOT Statistics

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 13:56:27 UTC 2016


On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 7:26 PM, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might like to think in terms of data quality.  Number of mappers is
> interesting I've seen 20 new maperthon mappers not finish a single tile
> between them and I've seen a team of three JOSM mappers map a project very
> quickly doing about 90% of the project the other 10% was done by other
> mappers.
>
> John, I completely agree. For this presentation I am just trying to get
the message across that humanitarian mapping in OSM is of significant size.

>
> What can impact the rate of mapping is having a validator sitting on the
> project.  Giving feedback seems to motivate the mappers to do a few more.
>
very good advice.

Mike
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/attachments/20161001/a1c158b9/attachment.html>


More information about the HOT mailing list