[HOT] Improving data quality of Maperthons

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 10:47:15 UTC 2016

If the mappers concentrated their efforts in one end or corner then even
partially mapped tiles could be validated fairly easily by bringing in the
area into JOSM.  Currently partially completed tiles scattered across the
project are more difficult to spot and validate.

If you do any validation at a mapathon how do you give feedback unless you
know the name that the mapper is using in OSM?  If you know them all fine
if not working out who is which mapper OSM name is awkward and that would
be the only reason for it.

Cheerio John