[HOT] Hurricane Matthew Mapping Urgently Needed

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:05:00 UTC 2016

Hi Mike, that is good too.

Typically, we adjust the background imagery to match the existing
mapping as that is easier for iD users.

But either way works.

The most difficult is when there is mapping that is based on multiple
imagery offsets, but again, we can work with that too.

I just updated the imagery for Project 2210, so I expect a lot of
imagery offset issues, but I updated the instructions as well, so
hopefully that helps address some of the questions.

Small offset differences of 1 or 2 meters is not a problem for the
relief effort use cases at all. The only issue that it causes is as
you said, roads over lapping buildings or buildings overlapping each
other.

If we can avoid those overlaps, other small offset differences are
much less critical.

Thank you to everyone!