[HOT] Building=yes things to watch out for.

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 18:50:27 UTC 2016

I'm seeing a number of mappers probably mapathon ones who are tagging
groups of buildings with building=yes rather than landuse=residential.

The visual difference in JOSM using HDM paint palette isn't very much one
is pink and one is red so they aren't easy to spot when validating.

So if you're mapping or validating in HOT its something to look out for.

I've also recently cleaned up 1,200 untagged ways using the to do list,
these were mainly highways.  There are still 1,000+ area=yes with no other
tags so probably buildings to go back over.  So if you're running a
mapathon just gently check your mappers know they are supposed to tag the
highways and buildings.

Thanks John