[HOT] Tasking ManagerS

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:13:54 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Rod Bera <rod at goarem.org> wrote:
> now we've got overlapping tasks.
>
> http://taches.francophonelibre.org/project/64
> http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/2252
>
> where do we go from here?
>
> This could/should have been anticipated/prevented.

Hi Rod,

I totally agree it should have been anticipated and prevented.

Cristiano who created the project for HOT did send an email to the hot
francophone list that the folks responsible for taches francophone
(TF) use most and is listed as the contact email address for their
install of HOT's OSM Tasking Manager software. The HOT project is also
low priority and public to foster collaboration but not move it to the
top of the current HOT Tasking Manager while TF decides if they think
it makes sense to have a project that uses the most recent post event
imagery instead of old imagery or if there is some 3rd way that makes
better sense.

It also could have been prevented if the folks running TF would join
HOT's public slack channel[2] which we have invited them to several
times and where we discuss all the projects we create and best imagery
for the projects.

Going forward it would make sense to add some code that helps
determine where Tasking Manager projects exist, however, it has never
been a problem in the past and there are much easier ways right now to
prevent this sort of overlap.

Cheers,
Blake

[1]https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot-francophone/2016-October/000976.html