[HOT] Tasking ManagerS (Was: {Re: Map4Haiti} + {[Hot-francophone] Project over Grand'Anse})

Cristiano Giovando cristiano.giovando at hotosm.org
Mon Oct 24 17:34:18 UTC 2016

Hi Severin,

Thanks for your comment. The goal with project #2252 is indeed to map
all pre-event information, that is why I put the note to NOT map any
completely destroyed or uncertain feature/geometry.

The destruction shown in that image is unfortunately very graphic, but
the fact that many trees have now collapsed, it allows to see features
like roads and streams that were previously hidden by vegetation.

I have been looking for recent (2015-2016) pre-event imagery that
covers those areas (as that would be easier for baseline mapping) but
unfortunately haven't found any that is better registered and more
recent than Vintage/Bing (which in some areas is 2 to 4 years old).

I also set the requirement for advanced image interpretation skills
and provided some visual examples in the project instructions tab. Let
me know if you guys see anything wrong in that approach and examples
or if you think it may be too challenging for volunteers (even more
experienced) to trace that imagery.

Also, I mentioned that HOT will not be doing any damage assessment (in
terms of grading or mapping damage), so since ProjetEOF is already
engaged in that task through the UAV imagery, I thought you may want
to consider this imagery as well - and that's why I offered the TMS
endpoint.

Cheers,

Cristiano