[HOT] [Hot-francophone] Haïti : CNIGS aerial cover / couverture aérienne du CNIGS

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 25 21:33:29 UTC 2016

Hi Christiano
On the hot-francophone list, a few african OSM french collaborators answered you saying that they dont understand english and are asking that you stop addressing in english HOT messages without translating in french to a french list. Since the OSM humanitarian volunteers are following the HOT list, you dont need to send to the HOT francophone list.
The OSM francopohone humanitarian volunteers leading this OSM volunteer response, including myself are part of HOT. For many we volunteer since 2010 and did lead OSM responses for years, developping expertise and relations with the international organizations and UN agencies. There are tensions in HOT about which projects to favor and about how to deal with volunteers. You might not know all the discussions at HOT behind the scene. You should let the Board answer on such matters.

The tradition at OSM is that volunteers an various partners organize various projects, exchange, build together this fantastic project that OSM is today.

This a major activation and the HOT Board should make peace and respect the volunteers highly engaged in Activations for years.
It is indicated on the HOT list

HOT list run by mikel_maron at yahoo.com, kate.chapman at hotosm.org, mail at harrywood.co.uk, bgirardot at gmail.com, heather.leson at hotosm.org

Could these persons confirm that they are still administrators of the HOT list? And please, I am asking you to stop censuring the HOT list. This is surely not time for power games in such humanitarian responses. There is 1,4 million people to help. Crops have been destroyed, water is contaminated and cholera is spreading. Some remote villages are struggling to receve help.
Please let's come back to the tradition of doing some Humanitarian Responses with peace and respect.

Xavier Lamure Tardieu, Presler Jean and Fred Moine are working very hard in Haiti. A journalist did describe yesterday how useful are the UAV missions.
If you want to read and re-tweet.https://twitter.com/Ameliebaron/status/790973282635972608
https://twitter.com/Ameliebaron/status/790588418493251584

regard
Pierre