[HOT] Showcases - What has been done with HOT's effort

Paul Uithol paul.uithol at hotosm.org
Wed Oct 26 16:28:40 UTC 2016

Hi Felix,

Great initiative! It's a question I often get, and thus information I
have been looking for at times. Will try to write up a convincing case
study for MapUganda and Ramani Huria shortly. You probably had a look at
the Press/Recognition folder on the drive already (there's an article
from the Canadian Armed Forces on Nepal there, Guardian one on MM)?And
we could request some of our partners to write up a case study? I know
some of them have amazing case studies of OSM data interacting with
their field ops (you may already have set this in motion as well ;)

best,
Paul

On 26-10-2016 17:33, Felix Delattre wrote:

> Dear HOT-community,
>
> It is important to show the *outcomes* HOT has leveraged. This helps
> us for the inspiration of people and organizations about the
> possibilities of Open Data for humanitarian activities and also for
> our fund-raising efforts.
>
> We usually communicate results as news on the website, such as
> statistics of activations (how many mappers participated, how much
> data was collected, what extend was mapped, how many people effected,
> ...) and this is good!
>
> But we also want to show *tangible outcomes*, to answer the questions,
> what this data has been used for. Especially our partners, or
> communities that used the collected open data to produce impacts and
> products based on the data. Therefore I've created a showcases section
> on the website: https://hotosm.org/showcases
>
> Unfortunately there aren't a lot of good examples, yet, and I'd like
> to invite everybody who has a story to share to contribute to this
> effort. Once we have good content there I'll link the showcases to be
> visible on the website's general pages.
>
> If you have an account on the website (which you should have as a HOT
> member) you can add a new showcase by visiting this link:
> https://hotosm.org/node/add/showcase
> In case you don't have the permissions to do so, or you don't have an
> account but want to contribute with a showcase, please write me in
> private.
>
> Please try to make it short, visual (pictures!) and convincing.
>
> Thank you!
> Best,
> Felix

*Paul Uithol*
Project Manager
Email: paul.uithol at hotosm.org <mailto:paul.uithol at hotosm.org>
Twitter: @PaulUithol <https://twitter.com/pauluithol>
Skype: paul.uithol <skype:paul.uithol>
Phone: NL +31 6 2423 7614 | TZ +255 7 8546 2836 | UG +256 7 8573 9853

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development
web <http://hotosm.org/> | twitter <https://twitter.com/hotosm> |
facebook <https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | donate
<http://hotosm.org/donate>