[HOT] Showcases - What has been done with HOT's effort

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:38:19 UTC 2016

Perhaps there is a perception thing that needs addressing.  We don't all
live in the US for a start.

To me there are two parts to HOT mapping, the first is to drop some basic
mapping in from imagery.  The second is to develop capacity in the local
community for OpenStreetMap mapping.  Perhaps we should be highlighting
more local community involvement which means giving a slot or two in the
high priority to local mapping groups rather than dumping a thousand
area=yes squiggles in the map and running off.

Yes I'm grumpy today and my fingers are tired from adding lots of tags.

Cheerio John